Mar 2 2008

The Minnesota Book Awards are coming up and you can help Jim Walsh’s All Over But the Shouting win the Readers’ Choice Award by voting here. Vote early and vote often, and show the literary world that 39 ‘Mats’ fans are a force to be reckoned with.

Tags: , ,

blasty

Wed Mar 5, 2008 at 1:22 pm · ·

The voting is tied right now.
C’mon, people-Vote!

mmr421

Wed Mar 5, 2008 at 6:12 pm · ·

i just voted. 125-124

Beats Pickin

Thu Mar 6, 2008 at 12:54 am · ·

Land of Amber Waters: The History of Brewing in Minnesota by Doug Hoverson 200 Votes, or 20.32 %

What’s up with this?

JW is at 130.

Thu Mar 6, 2008 at 2:18 am · ·

I’m sorry, but in true Mats fashion, I kinda hope the Replacements book gets its ass handed to it by “Land of Amber Waters: The History of Brewing in Minnesota” by Doug Hoverson.
Once again, beer will be their downfall.
I’m changing my vote.
Sorry.

paulie

Thu Mar 6, 2008 at 8:06 am · ·

the ability of my access to many computers at work and a flawed voting system that allows people to vote many times they want will be the downfall for any book not titled “All Over But the Shouting ” because it is the best book ever written.

Thu Mar 6, 2008 at 8:08 am · ·

Jay, I’m sorry but you will have to send in your membership card, secret decoder ring, and Westernerd patch. You are going to be kicked out of the club. You can re-apply for membership in six months by filling out the application and sending a check or money order for $15.98.

Thu Mar 6, 2008 at 12:26 pm · ·

🙁
Land of Amber Waters!!!!!!!!
For Christs sake that is the best/worst name ever for a book about beer brewed in the Central Northwest. I mean who sits down to write a book about Minnesota beer lol? It’s so fucking brilliant and at the same time so utterly retarded that of course it will beat the mats book. Someone has to agree with me on this…

Thu Mar 6, 2008 at 12:37 pm · ·

On a serious not though, Im always skeptical about the history from other peoples points of view. I’m well aware that 99.8732% of history is wriiten from that angle, but without Paul’s blessing/ commentary, its kinda fluff-filled to me.
I also realize that we’re never gonna get that outta Paul, but Ill take the grainy YouTube interviews with him and the band.
Ive read the book twice, and it feels- apart from a few Jesperson insights- like me talking to myself or re-reading the old 89 Musician interview with fan qoutes.

But still, like I said before, it does have that funny ass school photo in it.

I’m sticking with “our band could be your life.”

And the beer book.

paulie

Tue Mar 11, 2008 at 5:56 am · ·

Land of Amber Waters jumped from 350 votes yesterday to 701 today. c’mon people the Replacements got no Grammys, Westerberg got no Oscar for Open Season, the most rockin band ever will never make the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. if this book doesn’t make it there is no justice….like Puffy said “Vote or Die” http://www.twincities.com/bookawards

Comments