Mats Madness Round 2

All right, we’re into the Sweet Sixteen!  What did we learn from Round 1?  Well, I learned that folks REALLY like Tommy!  All 4 Tommy albums are still alive while less than half of Paul’s solo stuff survived.  Here’s the updated bracket (right click or control click to embiggen):

Bracket Round 2And here’s the link to the new poll:

Vote here!

The poll is open now through end of day Tuesday (Isn’t something else also happening Tuesday?)

(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)

1. Jodi 17.Apr.08 at 11:52 am

Aaaaah! i was so busy watching the Open Season v. Sorry Ma matchup that I totally missed Suicaine and Mono dropping out.

What is wrong with you people?

2. Jimdracula 17.Apr.08 at 1:14 pm

Is this a trick question?

3. Scott 17.Apr.08 at 1:18 pm

4. Jimdracula 17.Apr.08 at 2:14 pm

So it is.

5. Jake 17.Apr.08 at 3:54 pm

Wow this is going to be a bloody round…..

6. scooterboy 17.Apr.08 at 4:18 pm

i see that sorry ma made it through the opening round. it looks as though i will be able to continue playing…

7. scooterboy 17.Apr.08 at 4:22 pm

… i see sorry ma is taking an early beating again. seriously, people. sorry ma crushes you, your car, your place of employment…

on another note, was mars’ horsehoes & hand grenades ever in the first round? i ask because that album is fucking wonderful, front to back, top to bottom.

8. scooterboy 17.Apr.08 at 4:23 pm

i see that it was… matched up to friday night is killing me… ah. it didn’t stand a chance, then.

9. Jake 18.Apr.08 at 9:47 am

Sorry ma and 14 songs are in a dead heat…..

10. Some Guy 18.Apr.08 at 11:01 am

“That polling site is a joke. I was just able to vote 10 times… and based on the # of votes already cast and the generally one-sided results in each contest, I suspect I’m not the only one who did this.”

Yeah, I was sort of hoping that people would conduct themselves via the honor system and only vote once, but when the stakes are this high I guess that’s too much to ask. However, I think I’ve found a better poll site to use for this, so I’m thinking about putting this round on hold until the new poll is up. With a couple possible exceptions round 1 probably would have come out the same even with a one man one vote system so I’m not concerned about that, but now we’re in the big time. What does everybody say? Kill the voting and get a more fair setup or just screw it and keep going?

11. scooterboy 18.Apr.08 at 11:05 am

how about we just screw it as this is simply a silly diversion? in the meantime, go vote again for your favorites!

12. Jake 18.Apr.08 at 1:51 pm

I think the stakes are too high to rely on the honor system

13. Jodi 18.Apr.08 at 2:47 pm

I’m with Jake on this one.

14. Tim 18.Apr.08 at 5:50 pm

With Mono, Folker and S/G eliminated I question if the results would have been the same with one wo/man, one vote rules. Therefore, I’m note sure about changing the rules midway through the contest.

Besides, it will always boil down to Let It Be, Tim, PTMM, and miscellaneous when it gets to the final 4.

15. Some Guy 19.Apr.08 at 8:31 am

I’m with Jake and Jodi, so I think I’m calling an audible here.

16. scooterboy 19.Apr.08 at 9:34 am

i’m not… i didn’t… i mean…

*exhales*

17. Jay 19.Apr.08 at 5:41 pm

where were you when i was getting wailed over the head for sorry ma? it is such a perfect album. even otto.