Westerberg Concedes

ASSOCIATED PRESS – In an unexpected move, Paul Westerberg has announced that he is dropping out of the race for the Democratic Presidential nomination. At least one newspaper will have to issue a retraction after printing that Westerberg had the nomination in hand. The candidate will encourage his delegates to support Tom Zarek. Reached for comment, Westerberg’s spokesman Kenny Rogers said, “You gotta know when to fold ’em.”

(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)

1. jaytaco 02.Jun.08 at 10:24 pm

Now if Hillary would just do the same so my man Obama could get on with it already.

2. Some Guy 03.Jun.08 at 8:53 am

There’s still the possibility of an Obama/Westerberg ticket though.

3. Jodi 03.Jun.08 at 9:30 am

I’d vote Obama/Westerberg in 08. Who the hell wouldn’t. Obama should change his campaign song to “I Will Dare”

4. Evan 03.Jun.08 at 4:56 pm

how do we even know he’s democrat(I hope he is) and I would vote for him/obama

5. jaytaco 03.Jun.08 at 7:21 pm

isnt everybody a democrat after the last 8 years? hehehe.

6. ih8music 04.Jun.08 at 5:58 pm

i have a strange feeling that he’s either a libertarian or a conservative-leaning independent. nothing specific i can point to to justify the feeling… it’s just there.

7. ih8music 04.Jun.08 at 5:59 pm

… i definitely don’t see him as someone to wear the Democrat or Republican badge, so to speak…

8. Jimdracula 04.Jun.08 at 7:53 pm

Staunch independent w/ fuck you all leanings.

9. pzp 05.Jun.08 at 4:39 pm

Evan: “how do we even know he’s democrat?”

dang, yer right.

10. Evan 05.Jun.08 at 9:50 pm

I agree with jimdracula

11. Wilfie 06.Jun.08 at 6:05 pm

As an Englishman its hard to understand how American politics works but from what i know if you guys voted an ahole like Regan and the 2 shrubs (wont call them Bushes, they aint big enough) then anything is possible. At least if Paul got in, he’s got a great wife to support him (he is married to LL isn’t he?) Sorry, am a newbie with PW, just love his stuff but dont know masses about him.

12. Jimdracula 08.Jun.08 at 3:59 pm

This article sums up Lindeen’s problems w/ three quintessential questions: “Did you graduate from college?” “What do you do now?” & “So…how’d you meet Paul?” Shit, I would stop taking questions.

13. Wilfie 09.Jun.08 at 3:47 am

Well, that’s not very nice is it? I mean the poor girl put her heart and soul into the book by the sound of it and okay, she is married to PW and there’s always going to be questions about that, there always is with everyone else whos married to someone more famous than themselves. But give the girl a break. I have d/load some Zuzu Ps tracks and I really liked the raw punky energy of them, I thought she was great and could have gone so much further. She obviously had the talent for it. Bit sad that she’s not accepted as a person/rock n roller in her own right and unfair. Just not cricket as we would say over here in England. I am now determined to get the book and see for myself. So there!!

14. Jimdracula 09.Jun.08 at 2:30 pm

Union Jack & Blasty should hit it off…be careful listening to those Zuzu’s Petals records, son….I wasn’t & now I got Van Gogh’s ear for music…it was “Jackals” that led to the infection, yo.

15. Johnny 09.Jun.08 at 5:30 pm

Zuzu’s Petals retrospective available online, which includes music spanning the band’s entire career as well as photos that weren’t available at the time “Petal Pusher” was printed.

Cool, at least there are now some more pictures! The book was sorely lacking…

16. Jimdracula 09.Jun.08 at 5:58 pm

Thanx “Johnny”…but where does one go online if interested in ordering….how much they askin’?…You sell Wondermint?

17. jaytaco 09.Jun.08 at 10:58 pm

so not cricket….

18. Jimdracula 10.Jun.08 at 7:45 am

Thanx for the price check…it’s 19.95 for the zuzus petals cd.

19. Pingback: Westerberg Launches Presidential Bid | Paul Westerberg.net, a blog