Jun 2 2008

ASSOCIATED PRESS – In an unexpected move, Paul Westerberg has announced that he is dropping out of the race for the Democratic Presidential nomination. At least one newspaper will have to issue a retraction after printing that Westerberg had the nomination in hand. The candidate will encourage his delegates to support Tom Zarek. Reached for comment, Westerberg’s spokesman Kenny Rogers said, “You gotta know when to fold ’em.”

Tags:

jaytaco

Mon Jun 2, 2008 at 10:24 pm · ·

Now if Hillary would just do the same so my man Obama could get on with it already.

Tue Jun 3, 2008 at 8:53 am · ·

There’s still the possibility of an Obama/Westerberg ticket though.

Tue Jun 3, 2008 at 9:30 am · ·

I’d vote Obama/Westerberg in 08. Who the hell wouldn’t. Obama should change his campaign song to “I Will Dare”

Evan

Tue Jun 3, 2008 at 4:56 pm · ·

how do we even know he’s democrat(I hope he is) and I would vote for him/obama

jaytaco

Tue Jun 3, 2008 at 7:21 pm · ·

isnt everybody a democrat after the last 8 years? hehehe.

ih8music

Wed Jun 4, 2008 at 5:58 pm · ·

i have a strange feeling that he’s either a libertarian or a conservative-leaning independent. nothing specific i can point to to justify the feeling… it’s just there.

ih8music

Wed Jun 4, 2008 at 5:59 pm · ·

… i definitely don’t see him as someone to wear the Democrat or Republican badge, so to speak…

Jimdracula

Wed Jun 4, 2008 at 7:53 pm · ·

Staunch independent w/ fuck you all leanings.

pzp

Thu Jun 5, 2008 at 4:39 pm · ·

Evan: “how do we even know he’s democrat?”

dang, yer right.

Evan

Thu Jun 5, 2008 at 9:50 pm · ·

I agree with jimdracula

Wilfie

Fri Jun 6, 2008 at 6:05 pm · ·

As an Englishman its hard to understand how American politics works but from what i know if you guys voted an ahole like Regan and the 2 shrubs (wont call them Bushes, they aint big enough) then anything is possible. At least if Paul got in, he’s got a great wife to support him (he is married to LL isn’t he?) Sorry, am a newbie with PW, just love his stuff but dont know masses about him.

mmr421

Sun Jun 8, 2008 at 11:33 am · ·

Here is a brief article on Laurie Lindeen’s most recent book reading in Washington.

It’s here this second, expect this comment to be deleted in 3…2…1…

Jimdracula

Sun Jun 8, 2008 at 3:59 pm · ·

This article sums up Lindeen’s problems w/ three quintessential questions: “Did you graduate from college?” “What do you do now?” & “So…how’d you meet Paul?” Shit, I would stop taking questions.

Wilfie

Mon Jun 9, 2008 at 3:47 am · ·

Well, that’s not very nice is it? I mean the poor girl put her heart and soul into the book by the sound of it and okay, she is married to PW and there’s always going to be questions about that, there always is with everyone else whos married to someone more famous than themselves. But give the girl a break. I have d/load some Zuzu Ps tracks and I really liked the raw punky energy of them, I thought she was great and could have gone so much further. She obviously had the talent for it. Bit sad that she’s not accepted as a person/rock n roller in her own right and unfair. Just not cricket as we would say over here in England. I am now determined to get the book and see for myself. So there!!

Jimdracula

Mon Jun 9, 2008 at 2:30 pm · ·

Union Jack & Blasty should hit it off…be careful listening to those Zuzu’s Petals records, son….I wasn’t & now I got Van Gogh’s ear for music…it was “Jackals” that led to the infection, yo.

Johnny

Mon Jun 9, 2008 at 5:30 pm · ·

Zuzu’s Petals retrospective available online, which includes music spanning the band’s entire career as well as photos that weren’t available at the time “Petal Pusher” was printed.

Cool, at least there are now some more pictures! The book was sorely lacking…

Jimdracula

Mon Jun 9, 2008 at 5:58 pm · ·

Thanx “Johnny”…but where does one go online if interested in ordering….how much they askin’?…You sell Wondermint?

jaytaco

Mon Jun 9, 2008 at 10:58 pm · ·

so not cricket….

Jimdracula

Tue Jun 10, 2008 at 7:45 am · ·

Thanx for the price check…it’s 19.95 for the zuzus petals cd.

• Pingback: Westerberg Launches Presidential Bid | Paul Westerberg.net, a blog