49:00 — An (un)Official track list with song titles created by Paul Westerberg.net

UPDATE: We have a link for the non-US folks, you can download Paul Westerberg’s 49:00 here. WOOHOO!

First of all if you (in the US) haven’t downloaded 49:00 yet, get to it (remember to click the orange Buy MP3 Album button in the green box in the upper right corner of the page). As you’ll soon learn the whole ‘album’ downloads as a GIANT 72+MB MP3. For those of you with a larger brain than I have, that’s fine and dandy. But I like my art in bite-sized chunks. Could be why I’m a short story writer and not a novelist.

Anyway, with the help of Some Guy, I’ve developed a song list (song times in parentheses) that we can all argue about. Whee. So much fun (and I am being totally sincere here):
1. (Tell Me) Who You Gonna Marry? (3:57) [I attempted to guess the lyrics, and left the comments on that page so you can correct by bad hearing]
2. With or Without Her (Kentucky Risin’)(3:01)
3. Something in My Life is Missing (3:42)
4. Visitor’s Day (3:32)
5. As Yet to be Determined Noise (0:06)
6. Devil Raised a Good Boy (3:13)
7. You’re My Girl (0:24)
8. Everyone’s Stupid (2:37)
9. The one that says Fuck (0:09)
10. What Do You Want (0:20)
11. Now You Gone (0:44)
12. Goodnight Sweet Prince (3:54)
13. Guess I’ll Be Going Then (0:08)
14. Out of My System (3:22)
15. Be My Darling (3:44)
16. Money Goes Straight to Her Heart (0:12)
17. Hey, Hey (1:12)
18. Squeaky Obscene (1:11)
19. Six Seconds of Stuff (0:06)
20. It’ll Never Die (4:04)
21. Back To Saturn X Radio Report II (0:56)
22. I Think I Love you b/w Something I Can’t Discern (1:05)
23. Johnny Said So (2:09)

(Visited 806 times, 1 visits today)

1. Matt 21.Jul.08 at 12:01 pm

I approve of all of these titles.

2. Jodi 21.Jul.08 at 12:02 pm

Matt you are clearly a man of excellent taste and exceptional intelligence.

3. Matt 21.Jul.08 at 12:05 pm

This is 1/2 true.

4. karenripington 21.Jul.08 at 1:23 pm

I love the titles you came up, however, my foggy old ears are hearing “Kentucky Rising” for #2 and “Visitor’s Day” for #4. And a better title than “Johnny Said So” can’t be found!

5. Jodi 21.Jul.08 at 1:29 pm

I wish I could take credit for Johnny Said So, but it was all Some Guy. I think you might be right about #4, maybe I’ll give it another listen, and you’re probably right about #2. I am kind of hard of hearing.

6. Jake 21.Jul.08 at 2:12 pm

I like some of this but some of it is not that impressive. I like it because it’s westerberg but I think if i heard it by some other guy i would think it’s ok.

7. Jake 21.Jul.08 at 2:23 pm

But the last song was cool…that was westerberg’s son right?

8. Buck Hill 21.Jul.08 at 3:06 pm

I’m hearing “Terry” Who Ya Gonna Marry.

Anyone else?

9. Placemat 21.Jul.08 at 3:12 pm

Blasty beat me to it, but yeah, looks like Paste is calling the above the official list.

10. Jodi 21.Jul.08 at 3:16 pm

But I called it the (un)official. Youch. I left a comment and hopefully that clears things up. Damn me.

11. blasty 21.Jul.08 at 3:18 pm

Jodi gets her work published once again! You go, Queenie!

Remember to give Some Guy writing credit when the royalty checks start arriving.

12. Jodi 21.Jul.08 at 3:18 pm

Buck Hill, I heard Terri and Carrie and Tell Me. I liked Tell me best.

13. Jodi 21.Jul.08 at 3:21 pm

Blasty, I feel a little guilty, though I am a little proud Paste wrote, With track titles like “Six Seconds of Stuff” and “Squeaky Obscene,” Westerberg seems to be letting the creative juices flow on this one.

Oh boy.

14. blasty 21.Jul.08 at 3:22 pm

I like this line from the non-U.S. download site:

“The song costs $0.49 as Paul thought $0.01 a minute seemed fair”.

15. blasty 21.Jul.08 at 3:24 pm

If nothing else, it’s nice to know that Paste is checking in here for PW info.

16. Pingback: Dear Paste, I am still not Paul Westerberg | iwilldare.com

17. Jodi 21.Jul.08 at 3:37 pm

It is nice to know that they are checking in, but I am glad to see that they have corrected their mistake and are calling it the unofficial tracklist. Phew.

18. Jodi 21.Jul.08 at 3:39 pm

19. blasty 21.Jul.08 at 3:44 pm

“Also, this is totally not going to help with how everyone thinks I’m Paul Westerberg. Damnit.”

Say “hi” to Laurie for me.

20. Jodi 21.Jul.08 at 3:45 pm

Ha ha ha. She told me to introduce your ass to my foot.

21. blasty 21.Jul.08 at 3:47 pm

Wow! You really are PW.

22. Jodi 21.Jul.08 at 3:49 pm

I am (not). So what do you think of the new record?

23. blasty 21.Jul.08 at 3:56 pm

I like it, but I think that the gimmick of the way that the songs are put together will wear off fast. I can’t see myself listening to this much after the first couple of days, as opposed to if it would have been separate songs. It does make for an interesting listen, though.

I’m happy that he is using the internet to sell his music, and hope that this won’t be the last time.

24. Jake 21.Jul.08 at 5:10 pm

I agree, I wish that they were separated. It will grow on me like most westerberg songs i think

25. Jimdracula 21.Jul.08 at 7:53 pm

“MotherFolker”

26. Matt 21.Jul.08 at 8:31 pm

I did not realize how good the lyrics were to “Good Night Sweet Prince” until now. Jeebus. It reminds me a lot of when my Grandfather went…except with out the Brandy.

27. Matt 21.Jul.08 at 8:34 pm

..I meant except with Brandy. Yes, I was drinking at 15. Har har. Nevermind. Ok I’m done. Moving on…

28. therighthandofnixon 22.Jul.08 at 10:21 am

You can split the album up into tracks using Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). Just select the first song, use ‘Export as MP3’, then hit delete and move on to the next one.

29. Jodi 22.Jul.08 at 10:24 am

First of all, cool nickname. Second of all, I just want to add that Audacity is free and easy to use. That is all.

30. Freedyjay 22.Jul.08 at 1:40 pm

Uneven but certainly some real gems in there. And thanks for the Audacity idea.

31. Terry Fan 22.Jul.08 at 7:15 pm

That is definitely Terry in the first song. Not Tell Me.

I do with that Goodnight Sweet Prince didn’t have that other track over it at times. Kinda kills a good song. Damn artiste.

32. Terry Fan 22.Jul.08 at 7:16 pm

I do wish that Goodnight Sweet Prince didn’t have the other track over it at times, not “with”

33. Pingback: The Daily Loper - July 22, 2008 | Medialoper

34. zook 23.Jul.08 at 10:02 am

Love the track names – they will forever be known as these in my mind. Also thanks for the lyrics – once again this shows that PW writes some of the best shit around. I am digging this album much more than I thought I would. I would still love to hear a proper studio album with His Only Friends but I am fine if he wants to release more of these every several months or so until then.

35. Pingback: This just in — 49:00 Album Artwork | Paul Westerberg.net, a blog

36. Pingback: Things I am done with, a list | iwilldare.com

37. Pingback: Five (oh the irony) more minutes of Paul Westerberg for $1 | I Will Dare

38. casey jones 13.Aug.08 at 2:40 pm

thanks jodi!!

half way through and diggin it!

39. some other guy 12.Sep.08 at 11:09 am

awesome job not-paul and some guy! any chance of getting the start times of the tracks? (e.g. Johnny Said So starts at 41:41, etc.)

and yes i love the name of that track too…

40. Pingback: Paul Westerberg « No Depression Archives

41. Kevin 11.Aug.09 at 11:48 pm

First of all, great site. 49:00 is one of my favorite Westerberg releases. However, I’ve noticed some incorrect lyrics. For example, you have track 16 titled “Money Goes Straight to Her Heart” but I believe the actual lyrics to that segment are: “They miss her back down on the farm and the money goes straight to her arm” Ya know, like referring to heroin. I could be wrong, but that makes more sense to me, and farm and arm rhyme.

42. Pingback: A conversation with Trip Shakes | I Will Dare

43. Pingback: Grandpaboy’s Last Stand | Paul Westerberg.net

44. dartigen 20.Dec.10 at 7:54 am

Can anyone provide another download link? I swear I’ve tried everywhere – Amazon, iTunes, even (for the love of artists) The Pirate Bay and SoulSeek, and nothing. Any chance at getting it?

45. custom bracelet 20.Oct.11 at 3:19 am

I just like the helpful info you supply in your articles. I?ll bookmark your blog and test once more here regularly. I am moderately sure I?ll learn many new stuff proper right here! Best of luck for the next!

46. Pingback: Retrospect | 49 Minutes of Your Life: Paul Westerberg « Meltedcassettetapes