Sep 30 2008

Chris Rimenschnieder has an itty bitty piece on the Strib’s site about talking to Tommy Stinson on the phone about the recent reissues. He says that Tommy’s been noodling around with Our Man Paul and Michael Bland! Yowza.

Tags: , ,

jay

Wed Oct 1, 2008 at 6:27 pm · ·

wow. Great news!!!!!!!

Matt

Thu Oct 2, 2008 at 12:35 am · ·

I predict within the next two years we’ll see either see new music from Paul and Tommy, or some live show action. Stuff is bubblin’, man.

jay

Thu Oct 2, 2008 at 9:02 pm · ·

oh yeah…mono is still no doubt paul and tommy…im surprised there wasnt more fuss about that… jut watch the grandpaboy video with the tinfoil over the screen and tell me thats not tommy…

Jonathon

Thu Oct 2, 2008 at 9:08 pm · ·

I’ve never heard that about Mono. The drumming seemed uneven and ramshackly like Paul’s.

jay

Thu Oct 2, 2008 at 10:21 pm · ·

lemme dig that video up…plus i remember the rumors back then about that, and how tommy could play cuz of g-n-r contractual b.s.- so it went as an uncredited kinda deal…
this isntnt the link, but perhaps the best paul video ever
😉

jay

Thu Oct 2, 2008 at 10:21 pm · ·

links help

jay

Thu Oct 2, 2008 at 10:28 pm · ·

damn…cant find that mono video…it had tinfoil over a tv and yo could see through holes…clearly tommy.
i think anyway…

Matt

Fri Oct 3, 2008 at 5:57 pm · ·

What song was the video for?

jay

Fri Oct 3, 2008 at 7:08 pm · ·

I dont remember. Its killing me. Its just a tv covered in tinfoil with grandpaboy cut out of it so you could kinda see the band playing.

blasty

Fri Oct 3, 2008 at 7:34 pm · ·

I thought that the song was “Let’s Not Belong Together”, but the video being played was from a live mats show from the past, if I remember correctly. You could only see it through the letters of the word Grandpaboy cut out of the foil.

I know I have it around here somewhere, on a hard drive or disc or something. If I find it, I’ll put it up on Youtube.

jay

Fri Oct 3, 2008 at 10:05 pm · ·

yeah, that one. i thought it was current footage…didnt realize it was old footage

Fri Oct 3, 2008 at 11:10 pm · ·

everyone has more than likely seen this a million times but ill post the link anyway. Just ask yourself this question: after a great performance and I’m sure not many knowing who he is…after proving for the millionth time he is one of America’s greatest song writers….Paul simply walks over sits with jay and the two have the most awkward and short interview i have ever seen. Could they be anymore opposite? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVS0AwJv530

jay

Sat Oct 4, 2008 at 9:30 am · ·

My favorite part is he meets the Olsen twins hahahahahaa.
Awesome.

Sat Oct 4, 2008 at 9:35 am · ·

I know. It’s just so surreal to see that…so out of place but oddly pleasing to see peoples reaction to him just talking to them. Jay really didn’t know what to say….you could tell he was thinking”what a dumb fucking suit”.

blasty

Sat Oct 4, 2008 at 11:50 am · ·

Alright, found it on an old computer hard drive.

Watch it here: