Video Tuesday — Sadly sweet and beautiful

I dunno what it is about this sweet and simple cover of “Sadly Beautiful” that I like so much. But I do really like it. In fact, I listened to it twice before I even started this entry. I am sure you will like it too. Well, you will if you have any sort of taste at all.

(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)

1. Jay 11.Nov.08 at 10:03 am

Poor sad little flowers we never got to watch grow up….
    I bet the fucking cat ate ’em.

2. Jake 11.Nov.08 at 11:05 am

Flowers are a bit cheesy but the song is good.

3. Jodi 11.Nov.08 at 11:06 am

I liked the cheesy flowers!

4. Jake 11.Nov.08 at 12:36 pm

It kind of reminded me of a grainy education video…..or a sweet soft meadow….so yeah they are cheesy. You are a women so it is expected that you would like the flowers.

5. Jodi 11.Nov.08 at 12:40 pm

Wuh-wuh-what? Don’t you think that that’s a little sexist?

6. Jake 11.Nov.08 at 3:11 pm

Yeah maybe….but if i were to say the best part is the flowers i would get weird looks and people would think i was less masculine. It works both ways.

7. Doug 12.Nov.08 at 1:14 am

Boo. It won’t play with sound for me. Maybe it doesn’t like Firefox.

On an unrelated note, I will mention for the abjectly desperate for entertainment that this post of mine draws the conclusion that it’s best that the ‘Mats never achieved mainstream success. Some how I come to this after listening to TV On The Radio.

There’s no explaining how my brain works.

Anyway, it’s at:

8. Dfactor 12.Nov.08 at 1:35 am

Hey Grandpa Kids! Devil Raised a Good Boy indeed!
    Click on my link above for my take on ‘Color Me Impressed’.

(Something went wrong – his name was Paul)

9. Placemat 12.Nov.08 at 8:13 pm

For the record, I have no problem with homosexuality. I’m a big fan of lesbians in particular.

That said, The flowers were gay…The cover was good.

I really like that cover/video of Answering Machine by some chic who I can’t remember. Video starts off in a car then turns to a friend/family reunion for the remainder.

Tough tune to cover since Paul nails it, but she does an excellent job. What’s her name?

10. Placemat 13.Nov.08 at 5:32 pm

That’s it. Thanks.

Great cover. & Props for even trying it.

11. Veets 30.Jan.09 at 4:02 pm

Awesome cover. Need more like this.

12. ThomasWilliam 23.May.11 at 6:36 pm

Another good cover.

Dfactor…I also like your’s as well…your voice kinda reminds me of Mark Mothersbaugh.

Keep on rockin’ folks