Video Tuesday — Gas station attendant

This isn’t really a video, more a song. I don’t know what it’s from and am surprised that I don’t have this as a scratchy mp3. I used to be a gas station attendant which is why I love the song “Customer” so goddamn much.

(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)

1. jay 30.Dec.08 at 11:48 am

It’s from a cd of home demos he did that was floating around a few years back- the one that had few really rough versions of answering machine.

2. Jodi 30.Dec.08 at 11:53 am

You know what, Mr. Taco, I think for Paul’s birthday you should post that video. In his honor and all.

3. Neil 30.Dec.08 at 12:25 pm

Love this song. It should have definitely been included on one of the reissues.

4. Jake 30.Dec.08 at 11:35 pm

Great song…is it mats era? His voice sounds like it is.

5. jay 31.Dec.08 at 11:59 am

i’m pretty sure its early 84ish stuff from the batch of stuff you always hear that he didnt wanna share with the band but shared with Jespersen

6. john 01.Jan.09 at 1:35 am

Chord changes kind of remind me of Big Star’s “When My Baby’s Beside Me”

7. jay 04.Jan.09 at 8:27 pm

FYI- I just saw 180 gram viynl of PTMM at the old recod store. I guess Rhino is doing pressing again on 180!!!! Had no idea.

8. jay 04.Jan.09 at 8:28 pm

And by viynl I mean vinyl.

9. Jake 04.Jan.09 at 9:32 pm

Thats awesome,I just seen that today too. I more than likely won’t buy it since i have two copies of most of the mats vinyl.

10. Jake 05.Jan.09 at 8:11 pm

“We Are the Normal” (the single for which Rzeznik asked frontman Paul Westerberg of The Replacements to write the lyrics) This is on wikipedia’s page for the goo goo dolls. Did paul really write the lyrics for one of their songs?

11. Some Guy 06.Jan.09 at 4:01 pm

Yes, Jake. The Goo Goo Dolls opened for the Mats on their last tour. Afterwards Rzeznik sent Paul a tape with a demo of the song and Paul sent him back the lyrics.

In a tangentially related way, I seem to recall hearing a story of someone sending Paul a postcard asking him what the lyrics to a particular song were and Paul mailing the guy back the postcard with the lyrics.

So based on these two incidents, it seems that if you mail something to Paul, you will get a response.

12. Jake 06.Jan.09 at 5:12 pm

Thats awesome. The goo goo dolls are one of my favorite bands(they are no replacements) and it’s cool to see a merger of the two in a way. Thanks for the info.

13. jay 06.Jan.09 at 9:45 pm

Goo Goo Dolls used to put on bad ass straight up fun punk shows in the late 80’s early 90’s. JED rules. Its a great cd/