Dec 30 2008

This isn’t really a video, more a song. I don’t know what it’s from and am surprised that I don’t have this as a scratchy mp3. I used to be a gas station attendant which is why I love the song “Customer” so goddamn much.

Tags: ,

jay

Tue Dec 30, 2008 at 11:48 am · ·

It’s from a cd of home demos he did that was floating around a few years back- the one that had few really rough versions of answering machine.

Tue Dec 30, 2008 at 11:53 am · ·

You know what, Mr. Taco, I think for Paul’s birthday you should post that video. In his honor and all.

Neil

Tue Dec 30, 2008 at 12:25 pm · ·

Love this song. It should have definitely been included on one of the reissues.

Andy of Mayberry

Tue Dec 30, 2008 at 6:49 pm · ·

Nice Picture.

Tue Dec 30, 2008 at 11:35 pm · ·

Great song…is it mats era? His voice sounds like it is.

jay

Wed Dec 31, 2008 at 11:59 am · ·

i’m pretty sure its early 84ish stuff from the batch of stuff you always hear that he didnt wanna share with the band but shared with Jespersen

john

Thu Jan 1, 2009 at 1:35 am · ·

Chord changes kind of remind me of Big Star’s “When My Baby’s Beside Me”

jay

Sun Jan 4, 2009 at 8:27 pm · ·

FYI- I just saw 180 gram viynl of PTMM at the old recod store. I guess Rhino is doing pressing again on 180!!!! Had no idea.

jay

Sun Jan 4, 2009 at 8:28 pm · ·

And by viynl I mean vinyl.

Sun Jan 4, 2009 at 9:32 pm · ·

Thats awesome,I just seen that today too. I more than likely won’t buy it since i have two copies of most of the mats vinyl.

Mon Jan 5, 2009 at 8:11 pm · ·

“We Are the Normal” (the single for which Rzeznik asked frontman Paul Westerberg of The Replacements to write the lyrics) This is on wikipedia’s page for the goo goo dolls. Did paul really write the lyrics for one of their songs?

Tue Jan 6, 2009 at 4:01 pm · ·

Yes, Jake. The Goo Goo Dolls opened for the Mats on their last tour. Afterwards Rzeznik sent Paul a tape with a demo of the song and Paul sent him back the lyrics.

In a tangentially related way, I seem to recall hearing a story of someone sending Paul a postcard asking him what the lyrics to a particular song were and Paul mailing the guy back the postcard with the lyrics.

So based on these two incidents, it seems that if you mail something to Paul, you will get a response.

Tue Jan 6, 2009 at 5:12 pm · ·

Thats awesome. The goo goo dolls are one of my favorite bands(they are no replacements) and it’s cool to see a merger of the two in a way. Thanks for the info.

jay

Tue Jan 6, 2009 at 9:45 pm · ·

Goo Goo Dolls used to put on bad ass straight up fun punk shows in the late 80’s early 90’s. JED rules. Its a great cd/

Comments