May 20 2010

Well, he already did I guess. Boo. According to the Strib:
“The Replacements frontman reserfaced yesterday, and the surface he chose was the turf at Target Field. He was filmed there for an in-the-works documentary “40 Nights of Rock ‘n’ Roll.”

Am I the absolute last to know everything?

Check out the itinerary of the movie. It looks to be fucking awesome.

Tags: ,

erik

Thu May 20, 2010 at 9:00 pm · ·

Pretty cool…. Can’t wait to see film footage of this. I’m curious what the baseball themed song was. Has anyone been following The Baseball Project? Maybe Westerberg should become the 5th member of that super group. Anyone know if he surfaced at The Turf club when they played?

Thu May 20, 2010 at 9:01 pm · ·

i read on a blog that I can’t remember now that he sang Dangerous Boys and Time Flies Tomorrow.

erik

Thu May 20, 2010 at 9:06 pm · ·

I saw that as well…I’m not familiar with dangerous boys, they made it sound baseball related, is that true?

Thu May 20, 2010 at 9:10 pm · ·

It’s off PW & The Ghost Gloves Cat Wing Joy Boys, that digital EP he put out in September.

erik

Thu May 20, 2010 at 9:21 pm · ·

I just looked at that, it was the only digital download from Paul’s recent output that i didn’t purchase-kind of feel stupid for not knowing that, i just wasn’t that blown away by the samples that i heard….Typically any Paul is better than no Paul-i appreciate the grass root/DIY/demo attitude I am just ready for a real record from him or at least Paul with a real band.

Thu May 20, 2010 at 9:23 pm · ·

You won’t get any argument from me. I am more than ready for a “real” record. Something with some production. I think the basement tapes era should be over.

erik

Thu May 20, 2010 at 9:34 pm · ·

i don’t necessarily mind a demo sound, but a “real” band would be great…Give me Tommy Keene, Michael Bland, and Jim Boquist; i feel those guys even poorly recorded would make up for what Paul has been trying to do on his own. On the other hand i can understand convenience of recording on his own time and terms in the basement as well as economics.

Arnold27

Sat Jan 1, 2011 at 11:00 pm · ·

Am I the absolute last to know everything?Pretty cool

Comments