Apr 11 2011

My paulwesterberg.net inbox is usually filled to the brim with email. Most of them are requests for Paul (who I am not) to play somewhere or like this (and I quote), “I’m a great admirer of you and your music! I would therefore be very happy if you could send me 2 handsigned (autographed) photos of you.”

You have no idea how much self-restraint it takes to not sign a few photos of myself. Specifically this one from my junior year in high school (rock on 1987).

So you must forgive me that it’s taken so long to pass on this notice from Gimme Noise about Tommy’s upcoming show at First Ave, where they try to stir up some rumors about how might join Tommy on stage.

Tickets are $12 at First Ave’s site.

Tags: ,

Mon Apr 11, 2011 at 6:59 pm · ·

I feel a little bad for Tommy in that it’s been 20 years since the Mats broke up and he’s developed into a darn good songwriter and performer in his own right, yet when he goes back home for a show all everybody wants to know is, “Will Paul be there?”

Mon Apr 11, 2011 at 10:47 pm · ·

True,but nostalgia and legend trump even the best song for people. It would be amazing to see them both up there.

Erik

Wed Apr 13, 2011 at 7:55 am · ·

i agree with both of the previous replies….but being the greedy fan that i am let’s go for the whole shootin’ match…c’mon Paul, Chris, and Slim…why the hell not?

Wed Apr 13, 2011 at 12:38 pm · ·

I agree. Why not? But Chris would be the sticking point I think. I don’t think he ever wants to touch a drumset again.

Erik

Wed Apr 13, 2011 at 3:45 pm · ·

he can stand on the stage and paint, it would still be a reunion.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 at 9:14 am · ·

And maybe hit a snare between brush strokes…

Erik

Thu Apr 14, 2011 at 12:09 pm · ·

They kind of reunited for that Replacements compilation on Rhino. Slim wasn’t on that, Paul and Tommy were, and Chris did back up vocals. Joshe Freese played drums. I assume everyone still lives in the Minneapolis area, it’s not like they have to travel any great distance….I have no clue where Josh lives. Still it’s Tommy’s show….but come on why not?

Comments